As the year comes to an end, we took a moment to review our achievements. It has been a busy 2015 and we are looking forward to a great 2016.
Happy New Year from all of us!
Here are highlights you may have missed.
- Won a $5,835,000 jury verdict in a medical malpractice case involving negligent post-operative care following a total knee replacement, which resulted in permanent nerve damage in her ankle.
- Negotiated a $2,200,000 settlement with a hospital for failing to properly treat a woman’s infection prior to performing surgery to remove kidney stones, which led to sepsis and emotional trauma.
- Recovered $2,000,000 from a hospital for a man after its doctors failed to diagnose and treat squamous cell carcinoma in the man’s neck for almost two years, allowing it to progress to an advanced stage.
- Settled a medical malpractice case for $1,950,000 with a prominent Mohs surgeon for failing to diagnose and treat a recurrence of squamous cell carcinoma on man’s forehead.
- Won a $1,700,000 jury verdict against a large local electronics and appliance store for negligently installing and servicing a clothes dryer in our clients’ home, which resulted in a dryer fire causing extensive property damage.
- Negotiated a $195,000 settlement with the driver of a car that sped through an intersection and crashed into the rear end of an unmarked Chicago Police car, causing back injuries to the two officers in their car.
- Negotiated a $185,000 settlement with a corporation that loaded its own products into a truck driver’s trailer without properly securing the products, causing the load to fall out of the trailer when the driver opened the trailer door at the delivery point, tearing his rotator cuff.